Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Math is Real Life {Elapsed Time Freebie}


It's the first Wednesday of February which means it's time for our monthly linky - Math IS Real Life!!  If you want to see how the linky works, or just want other real world math ideas, check out our Pinterest Board of all the posts so that you can look back and find some great ideas and REAL pictures to use in your classroom!  

If you are linking up, please include the below picture AND a link back to all four of our blogs - feel free to use the 2nd image and the links listed below!


A monthly REAL WORLD math blog link-up hosted by


   ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

For this month's math is real life, I am back to the topic of wedding planning. Sheesh, who knew planning a wedding required so many decisions! And I get to (read: have to) make them all!

For this math is real life post, I dabbled with a little elapsed time. After booking my photographer and getting package choices with different times that I would have the photographer, I had to make some decisions about start and end times. Then I had to choose the best package that would give me the time I needed without breaking the bank. I am still not 100% decided on my start and end times, but thankfully my photographer is super understanding!

So in the spirit of wedding planning, I made this little Elapsed Time practice freebie for you! In this freebie, the students have to calculate the elapsed time of different start and end times. Then, they have to answer questions in regards to different packages options, using their work from the table.

Click on any of these pictures to download it from Google Docs.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8DtIUhMGc9qQ1JnUlRkazAyMzQ/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8DtIUhMGc9qQ1JnUlRkazAyMzQ/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for stopping by! If you download the freebie, I would love if you left a comment letting me know how you plan to use it.


   ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! We don't do elapsed time until 4th quarter, but I'm going to hold on to it until then!

    Liz
    BeachTeach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't planning for a wedding SO MUCH fun???!!! :) I found so many details went into that I never imagined. I just wanted to pick our my dress, flowers, and cake and call it a day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's getting closer! Looks like everything is starting to fall into place!

    Mathematically yours,
    Jamie aka MissMathDork!

    ReplyDelete

To Teach is to Inspire...