Sunday, February 24, 2013

Hall Pass Linky!

Happy Sunday! I am joining with some awesome bloggers for a super fun linky. This fun linky is called Hall Pass and what a perfect name! I don't know about you guys, but sometimes I wish I could get a hall pass for a quick little break from the classroom!


 


Click on the above image to check out other teacher's hall passes. Here is what we are sharing.



Here goes!

Product: I absolutely love my Essential Questions resource for all the Common Core standards for ELA. This is my go-to resource when planning units and lesson plans. After several requests, I even made the resource for 3rd, 4th, as well as my grade level of 5th. It is great! Print it out, place it in a binder, and voila! You have EQs for the year, broken down by standard!


  
Area: I love my classroom library! I just love the bright rug and the cushions, and so do the kids. I try to include a huge variety of books for all readers. You can find tons of nonficton, fiction, poetry, etc for all levels of readers. The kids love cuddling up with a cushion and a good book for some independent reading time.


Signal: I absolutely love Whole Brain Teaching, so my go to signal is Class with the kids responding back with Yes. I love mixing it up with crazy voices like alien voices, robot voices, or even just slow motion. Sometimes I clap once or twice, and sometimes I don't clap at all. The kids never know what I am going to do, but they have to pay attention because they have to say Yes back in the same way. I love it!


Sanity: I keep my sanity by laughing! One of the reasons I love 5th grade is their sense of humor. I have to let myself laugh at their silly antics or silly responses. Sometimes we take a few minutes out of our busy schedule to just laugh. I love that!



Hop on over to Reagen Tunstell's blog to join in the linky fun! If you link up, leave me a comment with your post so I can check yours out!






post signature

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer!
    I love your library area--it looks so cozy :)I loved reading your post and you motivated to write one of my own! Hall Pass Linky

    --jen

    ReplyDelete

To Teach is to Inspire...