Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January Currently and Valentine Love!

I am linking up with Oh Boy Fourth Grade for a Currently! I am ahead of the game this month!
 
 
Listening: Brody can't go sleep by himself so we (meaning ME!)  have to lay down with him until he falls asleep. I have my laptop in my lap as I am in bed listening to him do everything but sleep! I love my little baby inside the 9 year old body!
 
 
Loving: I still have until Monday until I go back to work! Sweet!
 
Thinking: I really miss my 5th graders and I REALLY hope they had a good Christmas. I teach in a pretty bad area and I know some of them probably didn't have a good one. Breaks my heart! But, I remind myself daily the best gift I can give them is a the gift of a good education!
 
 
Wanting: I ALMOST have Jeffery talked into going to the mountains this weekend! Fingers crossed for me!
 
Needing: All of my 4th grade teacher friends need common core love, too! And I promise I am trying very hard to create my 5th grade resources for ya'll, too! Just be patient. :D
 
 
Love: I am all about some LOVE this year! I am loving my family, loving my job, loving my new found love that is teacherspayteachers and the blogging world, loving my students. I want this year to be all about expressing that love to those I care about!
 
 
Speaking of LOVE....I have been working my little fingers off creating some SWEET Valentine fun for the classroom. I have way too many to list on here now, so head on over to TPT to check them out. Here is one of the covers to my newest. Click on it to go see them all! I will blog more about them later!




 What about you guys? Are you heading back to work tomorrow or lucky enough to have a few more days off?
post signature

8 comments:

  1. I came over from Currently & I ♥love your OLW! All you need is love! :) Happy New Year!
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith’s Classroom Ideas!
    Fern Smith’s Pinterest Boards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am your newest follower thanks to Farley! Love is an awesome OLW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have off until Monday? I'm so jealous. I go back tomorrow! :-(

    Love the yellow chevron, by the way!

    Jessica
    Second Grade Nest

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope you get your weekend in the mountains. Sounds like one lucky gal. A weekend in the mountains would be amazing. I am also hoping your students had a good Christmas break. It's always heart breaking when a child has to go through difficult times, especially during the holidays.

    Brittany
    Lovely Literacy & More

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to lay down with my little one too! (he is 3) Glad to know I am not the only one who does that ;)

    Have a great rest of your break...and I hope you make it to the cabin :)

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jennifer! Thanks again for starting up the awesome new collaborative blog! I am now following you and grabbed your button to add my own blog. I'm so jealous that you have off. I went back today:) Enjoy your time off!!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were soooooo lucky you had all those extra days of break. We went back on Wednesday, and I am so tired right now that I could fall asleep standing up. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

To Teach is to Inspire...