Here is my behavior management tip that I tried today and LOVED it!
We do colors at our school. (Not a fan, but it was a school wide decision so I am working it). Kids that were on Blue or Green (the best colors) got to particpate in 4 Corners at the end of the day. The other kids had to write letters in their agenda explaining why they were on the color they were on. Here is how you play 4 Corners:
- Choose one student to stand in the middle of the classroom with their eyes closed and covered.
- The other students move to one of the four corners in your room as silently as possible. They choose the corners they want to be in.
- The person in the middle then chooses a corner (without looking) and that corner has to sit down.
- The students then move to other corners as they choose and the game continues until no one is standing or one person is standing.
- Some tips: Give them a 3 second countdown to finish picking their square and then call the person's name to guess the corner so they know when they can guess.
What are some of your tips for keeping your sanity before the holidays in terms of behavior management? I would love to hear them!