Sunday, November 18, 2012

Ready For My 2 Day Thanksgiving Week!

Well, friends, unfornately I have to work Monday and Tuesday of Thanksgiving week. My boys go to a different school district, so they are off all week. Lucky ducks!


I, however, will be trudging to work and try to keep the week as normal and engaging as possible. I will, of course, be bringing some holiday fun into the week.

Here are my Thanksgiving Plans that I will stick into my lesson plans.

Math:

I will be doing a hodgepodge of math centers this week for the holiday. We will be doing Thanksgiving Dinner Menu Math (so fun!) and Thanksgiving Word Problems. They are almost ready to go! Here are some pictures of the laminated printables (not cut out yet!).




And we will be completing my Fraction Fun with Turkeys and Pies via the Promethean board as a whole group, saving paper and ink activity! You can check it out here!




You can find the Dinner Menu Math here and the Word Problems are part of my Fall and Thanksgiving Math Centers found here.



Reading:

In addition to our regular daily three centers, the students will be sorting feathers onto turkey bodies based on which figurative language is written on the feather. So fun! I know the kids will love it! Here are a few of the pages straight from my personal laminator!





You can find this fun activity here.


And finishing up my other centers that I didn't have a change to take pictures of....I need an assistant to take photos for me!


And the winners of my Winter Math Center Giveaway are:



a Rafflecopter giveaway

You should all have received an email with your goodies! I hope you enjoy them!

Happy Thanksgiving!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Dude you amaze me! You have some amazing stuff planned for your classes this week! I am about to send mine in or the sub and I just pray to get pictures of them working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, have to work these 2 days. Wish I had these center ideas beforehand! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

To Teach is to Inspire...