Saturday, July 14, 2012

Common Core Math Goodies!

I am posting and creating items too fast to keep my blog updated! Here are two new goodies that I have created for common core math! !


Decimal of the Day!

This pdf file contains everything you need for up to 2 months of decimal review (and even longer if you wish!).

This activity would be great for morning work, a center, or even math homework.

This would be ideal for use after decimal instruction to review those necessary skills before state testing.

I have included 20 pages with filled in, ready to use numbers. I have also included a blank page if you wish to continue this activity after the 20 pages are used.

You can do 1 page a day or 1-2 squares a day or half a page a day. It fits whatever needs you have.

This activity covers the following common core skill for 5th grade:

5.NBT.2 Multiply and Dividing Decimals by the Powers of Ten.

5.NBT.3 Reading and Writing Decimals

5.NBT.3 Writing Decimals in Expanded Form

5.NBT.3 Comparing Decimals

5.NBT.4 Rounding Decimals

5.NBT.7 Adding and Subtracting Decimals


Roll and Answer Math Games for Operations and Algebraic Thinking Standards

Want a fun, easy way to review the Common Core Math Skills? This is for you! This pdf contains 5 ready to use, self-checking math center games for the Operations and Algebraic Thinking Common Core Standards for 5th Grade. All you need is 2 dice and maybe an expo marker! Laminate and cut and let the kids learn and have fun!

I have included a color version of the game and another version of the game wihout as much color if you do not want to use your color ink. An answer key is included so the students can check their answers. I have also labeled the games with A, B, C, D, E so you can keep track of the different games and organize them.

This can be a 2, 3 or 4 player game! The students can even play this independently. The students roll two dice, add up their number, and then find their roll on the game board. They answer the question, check their answer on the included answer sheet,and initial their square if they get it correct. Super easy and fun!

More Roll and Answer Math Centers Coming Soon for all the standards!

Follow at my TPT store for updates!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Jennifer- I looked for your Fraction of the Day packet on TpT and couldn't find it. Your link just takes me to your store. Do you have a store on Teacher's Notebook that it is on? I would love to purchase it. I have several other things you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline, can you eamil me at j_findley2003@yahoo.com?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also interested in buying the Fraction of the Day packet on TpT. I am also going to e-mail you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am interested in Fraction of the Day and Decimal of the Day for 4th graders. Is that available or can you link me to your TpT store? Thanks! Kari Tucker
    kari.tucker@att.net

    ReplyDelete

To Teach is to Inspire...