Here is how I use these EQs in my classroom:
- I have them in a binder handy for when I am planning my units (Using Backward Design) and my lessons.
- I post these on the markerboard for each lesson. Some of the questions stay up the entire week and some change daily depending on the focus of the lesson.
- As a class, we read and discuss the EQ at the beginning of the week or lesson. While we are moving through the mini lesson I am constantly referring back to the EQ.
- At the end of a lesson/week, I use the EQs to formatively or summatively assess my students' understanding.
- I sometimes have my students answer the EQ in their reading binder or journal.
- We may do a structured partner talk to answer the EQ.
- I may give an exit slip post it where they have to answer the EQ and then I will even grade their response.
Take a look at the different questions! Click on the pictures to go to my teacherspayteachers store and grab your copy today!