I have a love/hate relationship with test prep. I hate it for all the obvious stressful reasons. But, this year I am working with another 5th grade teacher who has the BEST ideas for test prep. Here is my new favorite: Test Prep Dress Up!
- Various Dress Up Items (I stocked up at the dollar store. I also find things on clearance.)
- Any review questions
Here is a shot of some of my items in my dress up bin. I am slowly collecting more items when I find them cheap.
Here are my newest items that my students haven't even seen yet. I just snagged these at Hobby Lobby and Walmart this past weekend.
Here is the bin that I have them stored in. I will need to get a larger one when I get more items.
- Divide your kids into teams.
- Display or read the review questions. Everyone answers the question, but it is only one team's "turn" or chance to get points or get in the dress up box.
- After a few minutes have passed (you set the time), check the team's answer whose turn it is. If they are right, they get the points and get to choose an item from the dress up box (without looking). They then have about 30 seconds to a minute to choose someone in the class to wear the item for the rest of the game.
- I do allow the kids to take a penalty (lose points) instead of wearing the item. But the kids love it so much that this is rarely an issue.